Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cupcake Embroidery Part 3

As promised, here is an update on turning cupcake coloring book pages into embroidery patterns and then actually doing the embroidery part!

See my previous post for the original pattern and for the transfer pattern.

For this pattern, I traced the image on tracing paper.



I used supplies from Jenny Hart's Stitch-It Kit...


I trimmed the pattern and pinned it down onto the lovely fabric included in the kit...




I used a split stitch for the letters and a back stitch for the cupcake bottom...all done within an episode of Days of Our Lives...

After removing the tracing paper, the cupcake "stump" is complete!


Next step is to finish up this little project by embroidering the frosting....an update with photos in my next post.

No comments: