Saturday, September 27, 2008

Carving Rubber Stamps and Scented Zip Pouches

I decided to try carving my own rubber stamps. It turns out, however, that I purchased (months ago) the one carving block that reviewers say is the worst. Ha! So I'm in experimentation mode for now. It's good to practice on a cheap carving block anyway, because it's a lot harder than it looks!

Here is a master stamp carver: Craft Pudding. Here is her etsy shop, and a few photos of her *so cute* stamps on flickr. I really love her designs! Her shop has some lovely items.





Also, thanks to the advice of Doctor Sweet Tooth, I now have the perfect linen spray for my zip pouches and they are officially cupcake scented! They're labeled "vanilla" because that is the major note (note??) of the fragrance, but it really smells like buttercream frosting. It smells really good, people.


Due to the fact that I'm completely busy with jobs 1, 2, and 3, for the time being I'm making zip pouches and tote bags on a by-order basis. I'll restock the store once I am finished preparing tote bags for an upcoming crafty art show.

I'll post the results of my carving experiments in a few days!

No comments: