Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend Adventures

Hello Reader. Have I thanked you recently for visiting my little blog?

If I could summarize the weekend in one word, it would be "resin." However, a few other activities were squeezed in.

First, I finally made a batch of bottlecap magnets using UTEE (Ultra Thick Embossing Enamel). I had a 40% off coupon at Michaels, so I sprung for the melting pot thing-y and it is super easy to use. The results:


Also, H. and I did a little thrift shopping in Salado, and found a few neat things between a garage sale and a new antiquey-book store. I am especially excited about the game boards. I have big plans for those babies. also I found a neat link on how to clean game boards. Check out that fortune-telling book. YES. I've already started slicing it up.


Last night, I poured a first layer of resin in my 3 molds (that took about 2 hours to clean out from the first attempt disaster). They look great this morning. I used the resin stuff that comes in a can and it is most toxic. Stick with Easy Craft. We were high all night, but not in a good way. For batch #2, I have some very cute transparency images and paper to layer in. Egggs-cellent! (twiddling fingers like Mr. Burns).

No comments: