Thursday, August 14, 2008

Today

This little drawing pretty much sums up my day. I'm so sad to be without my sewing machine, but it is getting a much-needed tune up and by the time it's ready, I'll have a VINYL ROLLER FOOT to whip out those vinyl pouches, yahoo! There's a stack of them ready to be stitched up and listed in the shop.

O.M.G. it is a nightmare figuring out how to get things professionally printed. It is totally blowing my mind.

I've been trying so very hard to get the resin pouring thing right. Everyone says it's so easy, but...maybe it's the climate here...they seem to either stay sticky or if not, something else goes wrong. I'm pretty happy with these babies, though. Once I figure out a safe way to polish them, they will be transformed to pendants and listed in the shop, too. NOTE the glow-in-the-dark glitter!! YES.

Before I took my machine to the doctor, I did some experimenting with creating appliques from sketches I did years ago. I am still learning how to get the stitching just right. I am so excited to make these a reality - zip pouches with giant yummy appliques. Did I mention I miss my machine?



Finally, yes, I am radioactive thanks to Iodine pill #1 to treat my thyroid cancer. For the next 10 days, I have to isolate myself...hmmm...not so hard for an obsessive full-time crafter! But let me tell you something: never take any hugs or doggie kisses or kitties in your face for granted! WAAHH! Okay, I'm fine now. Off to lay for an hour in a loud me-sized tube (edit: it wasn't loud) to have my body digitally sliced into a million bits. xxxooo

P.S. I want to make my own coloring book.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cool skull mold! Where did you get it?